There are three layers of decadent lusciousness here: The first is a bliss-inducing dark chocolate ganache, which tastes like the inside of an expensive French truffle. Second, a homemade, fool-proof salted caramel sauce you won’t have to worry about burning. And finally, an extra thick Oreo cookie crust. Because we all know the crust is the best part. Did I mention you only need 5 ingredients to make this?
One of my favorite things about this pie is that you can make it the night before, let it sit overnight in the fridge, and it’s still just as good the next day. This is a dessert that’s perfect for when you’re having company over or taking to someone’s house because you’re not busy in the kitchen all day or making a mess!
- 1 package (about 36) whole Oreos
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) butter, divided
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 (12 oz) bag dark chocolate chips
- Finely crush the Oreos with a food processor or blender. Stir crumbs together with 8 tablespoons melted butter until well combined. Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Freeze crust for 10 minutes until set.
- Combine remaining 8 tablespoons butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to bubble.
- Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until smooth. Cool caramel about 15 minutes. Pour the caramel over the Oreo crust, then return to freezer for about 30-45 minutes until just chilled and set. (You don’t want the caramel to fully freeze.)
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate over the caramel and freeze for a final 30 minutes, until just chilled and set. OR refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. Before serving, sprinkle the top with a flaky sea salt like kosher salt or Fleur De Sel.
- Store covered in the refrigerator and serve chilled.