This pretty purple side-dish salad recipe gets its Asian flavor from Asian chili sauce and fresh ginger. A sprinkling of fresh basil adds a pretty touch and fun flavor twist to the potluck-worthy dish.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet Asian chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, shredded (8 cups)
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and cut into julienne strips (2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into slivers
- In very large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, chili sauce, ginger, and lime zest.
- Add cabbage, jicama, and blueberries; toss to coat.
- Scatter basil over top.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.