- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups unsalted pistachios, hulled
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- Heat the oven to 350°F and place the racks in the upper and lower third position.
- Combine the oats, pistachios, sunflower seeds, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour the oil-honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir gently until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Divide the granola between two baking sheets. Spread it out so it covers the baking sheets evenly.
- Bake until the granola is deeply golden and smells delicious, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Stir the granola every 15 minutes, do not stir more frequently; the granola will still be loose and “wet”-looking even toward the end of baking.
- When you think the granola is almost done, stir in the cranberries and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once you remove the granola from the oven, do not stir again; it will crisp and solidify into clusters as it cools.