This 5-ingredient dessert is made for ease. Store bought pound cake gets a unique flavor boost from a quick grilling topped with sliced strawberries marinaded in balsamic vinegar.
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4-6 pieces of angel food cake, cut about 1-inch thick
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream
- Mix the strawberries, balsamic vinegar and a pinch or two of freshly cracked black pepper in a small bowl and marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Butter the cut slices of the angel food cake with butter. Heat an outdoor or stovetop grill until hot and cook the cake slices on both sides until golden.
- Transfer the cake slices to serving plates and top with a scoop of the strawberries and drizzle with the marinade.
- Top with whipped cream and add more freshly ground black pepper if desired.