This bowl has all the flavors of traditional Pad Thai, but it’s made way healthier, more colorful and easier!! I used a spiralizer to make beet and sweet potato noodles, which is super fun and so pretty. If you don’t have a spiralizer, no big deal, just cut the sweet potatoes and beets into tiny matchsticks or half rounds. If you’re not a fan of beets, you can replace them with extra sliced bell peppers.
The rest is simple, just add in a ton of veggies – you can mix them up, swap in your favorites, or just use whatever you have on hand. Next add in the Pad Thai noodles, spinach or watercress, fresh basil and peanuts and then top with the most KILLER sauce. These noodles are all about the sauce.
- 1 (8 ounce) box pad thai noodles
- 1 medium beet, red and/or yellow, peeled
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons or matchsticks
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 mango, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 bunch fresh watercress or spinach
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 teaspoons sambal oelek or sriracha
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional, but SO good)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook the pad thai noodles according to package directions.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the beets and sweet potato. If you do not have a spiralaizer, I recommend subbing thinly sliced bell peppers for the beets, and cutting the sweet potatoes into thin matchsticks.
- Add the cooked pad thai noodles, beet noodles, sweet potato noodles, edamame, carrots, radishes, mango, basil and peanuts to a large bowl.In a smaller bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat, making sure the dressing coats all the veggies well. Just before serving, add the watercress or spinach and toss once more. EAT!
- If you don’t like beets, sub one red and one yellow bellow pepper.
- For added protein I recommend adding cooked shrimp or chicken.