- 4 large peaches
- 12 ounces bacon
- 60 large basil leaves plus more for garnish
- olive oil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Set a grill to low heat and preheat for 10 minutes or so, brush the grill grates with a paper towel dabbed in oil. I use grapeseed oil.
- Wash and dry peaches. Cut each peach in half and then each half into 4 quarters.
- Place one large basil leaf on each side of the peaches. Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Wrap each peach slice and basil leaves with a slice of bacon. Pin the loose end of the bacon slice with a toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining peaches.
- Brush the bacon wrapped peaches lightly with olive oil so the bacon doesn’t stick to the grill.
- Grill the peaches until the bacon is cooked, turning so all sides are evenly cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and remove toothpicks. Drizzle with store-bought or homemade balsamic glaze.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and honey.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes or until mixture has reduced by half.
- Raise temperature to medium-high and cook for another 5 minutes, until thickened to the consistency of syrup, whisking continuously so mixture doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and set aside.