- 1 cup Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large red chile, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, coarsley chopped
- 3 Tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 each minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, onions, chile and cilantro; mix and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet, sauté shrimp until done.
- Remove shrimp from skillet. In same skillet, over medium heat, add remaining oil.
- Sauté garlic until golden brown.
- Add cooked rice and stir.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Stir and heat thoroughly.
- Fold in pineapple mixture and shrimp.
- Heat through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.