- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) salted butter, frozen
- 2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Basil-Honey Butter
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Grate the frozen butter using large holes of a box grater. Toss together grated butter, flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Chill 10 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the butter mixture. Add the heavy cream, and stir 10 times. Add the strawberries, and stir 5 times. (Dough will be loose and flaky.)
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and gently knead 3 to 4 times. Lightly sprinkle flour over top of dough. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 3/4-inch-thick rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches). Starting at 1 short end, fold dough in half so short ends meet. Repeat rolling and folding procedure 4 more times.
- Roll the dough to 1-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on prepared baking sheet, rerolling dough scraps and flouring as needed.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Brush warm biscuits with melted salted butter, and serve with Basil-Honey Butter.
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Stir together softened butter, basil, lime zest, and honey.
- Serve with Strawberry Biscuits