Layers of cornbread, enchilada sauce, spiced ground beef and cheese, baked until melty and topped with all your favorite taco fixings!
- 1/2 cup (85g) plain yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (63g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cups (245g) buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small can diced green chiles (4.5 ounce can)
- 1 can of corn or creamed corn
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Seasonong
- 1 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs; stir into cornmeal mixture just until combined.
- Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to smoke.
- Add butter, and stir until butter is melted.
- Stir melted butter, chilies and corn into cornbread batter.
- Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and cornbread pulls away from sides of skillet.
- While cornbread is baking, combine beef with Taco Seasoning and sauté in a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Once cornbread is done baking, reduce oven to 350° F.
- Poke holes in cornbread with a fork and pour enchilada sauce over it.
- Top with ground beef and shredded cheese, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and back until cheese begins to brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving with desired toppings.