Snickerdoodle Cobbler, rich and buttery with a self-made sauce and warm cinnamon flavor. This cobbler is perfect for your fall spread or any time of year!
- 6 tablespoons butter (real butter, no substitutions)
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 9×13 inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, milk, flavoring and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine, but do not over-mix
- Pour over melted butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top of batter.
- Carefully pour hot water over butter and batter. Do not stir.
- Cook 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.