- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons malted-milk powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint chocolate or strawberry ice cream
- Malted-milk balls, for garnish (optional)
- Place 1/2 cup milk and 3 tablespoons malt powder in the jar of a blender, and process until malt is dissolved.
- Add half the vanilla ice cream, and blend until smooth.
- With the motor running, add remaining vanilla ice cream, 1 scoop at a time, until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour half the shake into a glass measuring cup, and place in freezer.
- Divide remaining half between two glasses, and place glasses in freezer.
- Allow to chill for 10 minutes before proceeding to next step.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup milk and remaining 3 tablespoons malt powder in clean jar of blender, and process until malt is dissolved.
- Add half the chocolate, or strawberry, ice cream, and blend until smooth.
- With motor running, add remaining ice cream, one scoop at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Divide half the shake between two empty glasses, and top off the two partially filled glasses from freezer with the remainder.
- Allow the half-filled glasses to freeze for 10 minutes.
- Stir reserved vanilla shake before topping off remaining glasses.
- Garnish with malted-milk powder and malted-milk balls if desired, and serve immediately.