- 4 slices of bread preferably pane casareccio
- 250 grams cherry or grape tomatoes, minced
- bunch of basil, minced
- 1 clove garlic (optional), halved
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, basil, salt, extra virgin oil & garlic (optional). You have the option of mixing the garlic with the tomatoes or rubbing them on the grilled bread.
- Grill both sides of the bread on the barbecue grill (the best), in the oven, on a griddle or even in a bread toaster.
- Rub one side with the halved garlic, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil then spoon the tomato mixture on it.
- Serve while hot.