The ultimate breakfast food. A combination of savory bacon, potatoes, green onions, cheese and eggs. Treat your family to a delicious breakfast with this unique breakfast pie.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded savory cheese (like Gouda or cheddar)
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cooked diced potatoes, drained, or frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices thick cut bacon
- Maple syrup for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese, hash browns, green onions, and crumbled bacon and stir to combine.
- Lay the pie crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the quiche is firm enough to lay the bacon on. Remove the pie and increase the temperature to 450ºF.
- Weave the bacon into a lattice on top of the pie. Brush each strip of bacon with maple syrup.
- Cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil to prevent burning. Note: The bacon will shrink a lot, so its fine that the bacon is hanging over the sides.Return the pie to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is done. Tip pie dish carefully to drain any bacon grease. (If you like extra crispy bacon you could put the pie under the broiler for a couple of minutes, or until the bacon has reached your preferred doneness.)
- Let the pie sit for 5 minutes before serving.