Shrimp Avocado Salad is perfect for a quick lunch or supper during the summer. Add to a sandwich, pasta, or atop greens, too! Especially when it is hot and humid in south, I always start craving things that are cool and filling without being heavy and draining.
- 2 pounds boiled or steamed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthium Gum
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add shrimp, avocado, and onion to a large bowl.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together ingredients for the dressing. Whisk until well-combined.
- Add dressing to shrimp avocado salad until it has the amount you desire. Serve additional dressing on the side.