- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon loosely packed lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Gingersnap Crust, baked
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 16 ounces sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat egg yolks with a handheld mixer in a medium bowl at high speed 4 to 5 minutes or until yolks become pale and ribbons form on surface of mixture when beater is lifted.
- Gradually whisk in sweetened condensed milk mixture, and whisk until thoroughly combined; whisk in buttermilk.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes or until set around edges. (Pie will be slightly jiggly.)
- Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Cover pie with lightly greased (with cooking spray) plastic wrap, and freeze 4 to 6 hours.
- Microwave 3 Tablespoons strawberry jam in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 20 seconds. Stir sliced strawberries into jam.
- Top pie with strawberry mixture just before serving.