Dijon mustard and maple syrup combine in a sweet-savory pan sauce that adds a velvety richness to chicken, and would also taste fantastic on a pork tenderloin. This pan sauce reduces in about 5 minutes, so you can make it while your protein cooks.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in wine, chicken broth, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard; bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rosemary and black pepper.