These breakfast sandwich sliders, made with Bacon-and-Cheddar Corn Muffins, will be the talk of your next brunch!
- 6 bacon slices
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium -high heat 12 to 14 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels.
- Crumble bacon.
- Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven 5 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together buttermilk and egg; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in melted butter, cheese, and bacon.
- Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into hot muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
- Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack, and let cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, water, and Creole seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add egg mixture, and cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom.
- Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not overstir.)
- Cut muffins in half, and spoon eggs over bottom halves.
- Cover with top halves of muffins.