- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup beef broth
Steak & Veggies
- 8 thin slices sirloin or flank steak (I used 1 ½ lbs flank steak)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and then thinly sliced
- Sauté garlic briefly in olive oil, then add rest of glaze ingredients. Cook 15 minutes, or until reduced by half. Throw out the rosemary sprig.
- Set aside 1 Tablespoon of the glaze to brush on the uncooked steak and save the rest for glazing the steak after it is cooked.
- Pound the pieces of flank steak very thin with a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper, and brush with the reserved tablespoon of glaze.
- Sauté the vegetables in olive oil until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place some of the sautéed vegetables on each piece of steak, then roll it up. Use a toothpick to thread the steak ends shut.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan then grill 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare steak.
- Brush cooked steak rolls with remaining glaze.