Avoid harsh chemicals with these easy DIY room scents. From crisp apples to sweet oranges and festive cranberry, these five all-natural scents will fill your kitchen (and waft through your house!) with notes of fruit and spice – and are perfect for entertaining.
- 5 Canning Jars
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Apple
- 8 Cinnamon Sticks
- 8 Ginger Root Slices
- Peppermint Extract
- Almond Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup of Cranberries
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon of Whole Cloves
- Place the following ingredients in separate canning jars:
- Thinly slice the orange, apple and lemon.
- Jar One: cranberries, two sprigs of rosemary, six drops of peppermint oil
- Jar Two: three or four orange slices, one tablespoon of cloves, four cinnamon sticks
- Jar Three: four orange slices, eight slices of ginger root, six drops of almond extract
- Jar Four: eight apple slices (quarter slices), six drops of almond extract, four cinnamon sticks, three slices of oranges
- Jar Five: lemon slices, two rosemary sprigs, six drops of vanilla extract
- Fill each jar with water and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- When you are ready to use, pour the contents of desired jar into a saucepan and simmer. As the water evaporates, refill as needed