- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup tart cherry jam
- 16 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your work surface. Place one sheet of puff pastry on top.
- Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of cherry jam in 9 spots on the pastry – sort of like a tic tac toe board.
- Place a cheese slice over top.
- Cover the entire thing with the other sheet of puff pastry.
- Use a large knife or pizza cutter to cut the pastry into 9 squares, just around the cheese and jam edges.
- Use a fork to press the edges together.
- Brush the tops with the beaten egg wash and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then serve. These are best served shortly after making.