This recipe is easy because it starts with cinnamon-swirl bread, reducing the need to add other flavorings. Commercial caramel syrup saves time, too. Baking the pudding in muffin cups creates individual servings.
- 1 1/3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (1-pound) loaf cinnamon-swirl bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup fat-free caramel sundae syrup
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add bread, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Divide bread mixture evenly among 11 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with syrup.