- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup apricot pepper jam
- 18 bacon strips, cut in half (I like to use center cut)
- optional: dried parsley and freshly cracked pepper
For the Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup apricot pepper jam
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place an oven proof rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cut chicken breasts into one inch cubes and place them in a large bowl.
- Warm apricot pepper jam in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Reserve two tablespoons, and then pour the rest over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Wrap each chicken cube with a half strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush each one with the reserved jam.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip each chicken bite over. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is nicely browned.
Fot the Dipping Sauce
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine jam and water.
- Heat for 30 seconds and stir. If it is still to thick, add another tablespoon of water and reheat.