If you’ve never tried a chocolate-covered potato chip you are missing out on one of life’s greatest pleasures. The salty sweet combo is out of this world!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup milk chocolate melting candy (see notes)
- 1 cup potato chips with ridges
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (or more per your preference)
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl, and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place the chocolate melting candy in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for 1 minutes. Stir until melted and smooth. If needed, add additional heating time in 30-second increments, stirring after each time, until the candy is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted candy over the popcorn, but do not stir yet.
- Crumble the potato chips over the popcorn bowl (it’s okay to leave big pieces). Using a large rubber spatula, gently stir to coat.
Spread the popcorn mixture on a large piece of parchment paper or a large silicone baking mat, and sprinkle with the sea salt, adding more to taste if desired.
- Allow to cool until the chocolate coating has hardened, about 20 minutes. You can speed this up by placing the pan in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Break into pieces before packaging or transferring to a bowl for serving. The popcorn may be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Candy can also be called candy wafers or candy melts. Here are some brands to look for: Candiquik Candy Coating, Ghirardelli Melting Wafers, Hershey’s baking melts, Nestle melts, or Wilton candy melts.