Phyllo-Wrapped Asparagus with Prosciutto is an appetizer worthy of a special occasion. Simply roll up prosciutto and asparagus in phyllo dough and bake. The results are a crunchy, easy appetizer all will enjoy. You can also chop the prosciutto and sprinkle it
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 30 long, thin strips
- 30 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 10 (14 x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wrap 1 prosciutto strip around each asparagus spear, barber pole–style.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface (cover remaining phyllo to prevent drying); coat phyllo with cooking spray.
- Cut crosswise into thirds to form 3 (4 1/2 x 9–inch) rectangles.
- Arrange 1 asparagus spear across 1 short end of each rectangle; roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Arrange rolls on a baking sheet; coat rolls with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo, asparagus, and cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until phyllo is golden and crisp.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.