Prepare a batch of this smoky-sweet mix to have on hand when visitors drop by. Or pack them into handsome jars to give as gifts.
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 225F°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Stir in pecans.
- Combine sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add to pecan mixture; toss well.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 225° for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Stir in cranberries.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week.