These Mini Corn Bread Crab Cakes with Lemon-Caper Sauce make for a delicious and colorful holiday appetizer. Any leftover crab cakes are terrific with a green salad.Ingredients
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon (30%-less-sodium) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crumbled Buttermilk Corn Bread
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- Cooking spray
- Fresh chives (optional)
- To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients; chill.
- Preheat oven to 400F°.
- To prepare crab cakes, heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over mediumhigh heat.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine bell pepper mixture, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, and next 6 ingredients (through Old Bay); stir in egg.
- Fold in Buttermilk Corn Bread and crabmeat.
- Scoop mixture into 16 portions (about 1/4 cup each) onto 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly cover, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet with a metal spatula.
- Serve with sauce. Garnish with chives, if desired.