- 1 cup cooled mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 2 cups oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 cup cracker crumbs until blended; shape into 32 (1-inch) balls, using about 1 tablespoon for each.
- Roll, in batches, in remaining cracker crumbs until evenly coated.
- Place on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan to 350°F.
- Add potato balls, in batches; cook 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Use slotted spoon to transfer cooked balls to paper towel-covered baking sheet to drain while cooking remaining potato balls.
- Mix applesauce and horseradish sauce. Serve with warm potato balls.