- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 pound leftover steamed green beans
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, Sriracha, and lime juice in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- Place panko in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 4 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer panko to shallow dish; cool completely.
- Add thyme, garlic powder, pepper, and salt; toss well.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Place egg whites in another shallow dish.
- Dredge half of green beans in flour.
- Dip in egg whites; dredge in panko mixture.
- Place beans on a baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining beans, flour, egg whites, and panko mixture.
- Place remaining coated beans on another baking sheet.
- Bake green beans at 375° for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve with Sriracha dip.