A friend gave me this recipe, and whenever I serve these pretty and delicious appetizers, people ask me for the recipe, too! Besides being attractive and tasty, the pinwheels can be made ahead of time and sliced just before serving, leaving you time for other last-minute party preparations.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Garlic powder to taste
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until blended.
- Spread over the tortillas; roll up tightly.
- Wrap each with plastic
wrap, twisting ends; refrigerate for several hours.
- Unwrap; cut into 1/2-in. to 3/4-in. slices. (An electric knife works best.) Discard ends.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with salsa if desired.
Yield: about 4 dozen