These cookies are sure to delight the coconut and chocolate lover. The combination will to be irresistible to everyone.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salT
- 5 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 48 milk chocolate kisses
- Coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in 3 cups coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in the remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Cool on pan 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 4 dozen.