I love okra. It has high levels of vitamins A and C. Although fresh okra can be a little on the expensive side, the frozen okra is easy to make and much cheaper. Frozen okra is still healthy and has high levels of vitamins.
- Frozen Okra
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-3 small pieces of hing
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 red chilis
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Put a medium size pot on oven on medium heat.
- Add four teaspoons of olive oil in the pot.
- Add the hing, cumin seeds, red chilis and garlic to pot.
- Stir for a minute.
- Add the chopped red onions and stir for a couple minutes.
- Put frozen okra in.
- Increase the temperature to high for about 2 minutes until the ice particles disappear from the frozen okra.
- After the ice evaporates you can bring the temperate down to medium.
- Cook okra on medium temperature for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes you add the salt, red chili powder, and
- turmeric to the pot.
- Add 2 more teaspoons of olive oil and cook for about four minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dry coconut.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Turn of oven and enjoy the dish.
You can eat the okra with some rice or you can eat it with some bread as an appetizer.