- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch salt
- 1 pound bag fingerling potatoes (or 2 medium russet potatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon grill seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chivs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- homemade ranch dressing
- Mix together cornstarch, chili powders, paprika, cumin, and a pinch of salt. You can add red pepper flakes and a pinch of cayenne if you want.
- I did not have any regular potatoes, only fingerlings, so I gave them a half peel, and cut them into wedges. Add them to a large bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and grill seasoning.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch mixture over the potatoes.
- Toss until the potatoes are completely coated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray. Put the oven rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 425°F. Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Give them a toss a few times during the cooking time.
- I transfered my potatoes to a cast iron skillet, but you can keep the fries on the baking sheet if you want.
- Cover the fries with cheese.
- And bacon.
- Put back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Send it over the top with a generous dollop of homemade ranch dressing.