- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions.
- In a greased 11×7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
Yield: 8 servings.