The best and easiest stuffing ever made right in the crockpot, making Thanksgiving prep just that much easier!
- 1 (12-count) package KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves
- 2 cups chicken stock, or more, as needed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until crisp and golden, about 4-5 minutes; set aside and let cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add leek, celery, carrots, sage and thyme. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cranberries, pecan halves, chicken stock, butter and bread cubes until well combined.
- Place bread mixture into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.