- 1/2 cup honey or agave, warmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and hot
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 2 cups nuts (I used half almonds, half pecans)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- chai spice mix (see below)
Chai Spice Mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. (Or if your baking sheet isn’t very large, I would recommend lining two smaller sheets.)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the warmed honey, coconut oil, vanilla and almond extracts until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together oats, nuts, coconut and chai spice mix until evenly combined.
- Add in the honey mixture, and toss until the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture out on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, removing the sheet from the oven at the halfway point to give the granola a good stir for even cooking.
- Remove sheet once more and sprinkle coconut flakes on top of the granola and gently stir them into the mix.
- Return sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the coconut and nuts are toasted.
- Remove sheet from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a sealed container and keep for up to 3 weeks.