lovers rejoice! Take overnight oats to a whole new level of deliciousness with this thick and creamy Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie. Silky and smooth, it’s got that stick-to-your-ribs feeling of a bowl of oats that’ll keep you satisfied for hours. Vegan, gluten-free, and packed with plant-based protein and fiber, this smoothie makes a perfect healthy and easy breakfast or snack!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats**
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon natural almond butter***
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk****
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The night before, add all ingredients to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding more milk if smoothie is too thick.
- Transfer back to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
* Cook time refers to chilling time.
** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats to 1-3 cup and add a scoop of your favourite protein powder.
*** I used almond because it has a sweet and mild taste. Feel free to use your favourite nut/seed butter, but the flavour might shine through a little.
**** If smoothie is too thick, add a few extra splashes of milk to the blender.