- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 – 2 Medjool dates, depending on desired sweetness
- 1/4 cup rolled oats*
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder (optional)
- 1 – 2 handfuls of baby spinach (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 40-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.
- This smoothie can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for extra thickness and creaminess. The longer it sits, the thicker it gets!
* I love adding oats to my smoothies to make them a little creamier and “doughier,” but you can sub the oats for an extra tablespoon of chia seeds if you want this to be grain free.