- 4 corn tortillas
- 8 1/4-inch thick pork belly slices
- 4 large or 8 small Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and skinned
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, cut in half, stems and seeds removed
- juice and zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup light cream or half&half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cojita cheese
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- On a grill or in a skillet place on the stove on medium high heat, grill the tortillas until warm and just blistered on both sides. Remove from the heat, cover with foil and keep warm.
- In a skillet set over medium heat, cook the pork belly slices until crispy like bacon, about 15 minutes, flipping them every so often (just like you would bacon, but will take longer due to their thickness).
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a food processor, place the avocado, garlic. cilantro jalapeno, lime zest and juice and process until smooth.
- Remove from food processor and place in a large bowl.
- Add the creme fraiche or sour cream and stir with a spoon.
- Add enough light cream or half&half to make it a drizzle consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the tacos by layering one tortilla with one large or a couple of smaller Bibb lettuce leaves, one slice pork belly cut up, cojita cheese, red onion slices, fresh cilantro and the avocado-cilantro cream.