- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 8 oz. Queso Fresco
- 1.67 cups salsa verde
- 4 cups safflower or canola oil
- 16 flour tortillas
- Remove white and dark meat from chicken and shred, discarding bones and skin.
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, 1 1/2 cups queso fresco, and salsa verde.
- Fit a baking pan with a wire rack; set aside. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot fitted with a deep-fry thermometer, heat oil (about 2 inches deep) over mediumhigh heat to 325 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place a tortilla on a clean surface and spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture in a line down the center.
- Roll tortilla up into a tight cylinder and insert a toothpick through the center to secure. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Working in batches, deep-fry flautas until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, carefully remove from oil, tilting flautas to drain excess oil. Place on wire rack in prepared pan, remove toothpicks, and transfer to oven to keep warm.
- Serve hot with salsa verde and remaining queso fresco.