- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf.
- Repeat cuts in opposite direction.
- Arrange cheese slices in cuts.
- Drizzle butter mixture over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 8 servings.