- 1 can (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 Tablespoons. garlic and herb creamy spreadable cheese or 2 Tbsp. soft cream cheese with herbs
- 20 slices Pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Grease a large baking sheet. Unroll dough and place on baking sheet. Starting at the center, press or roll dough into a 14″ x 11″ rectangle.
- Spread garlic and herb cheese lengthwise down center third of rectangle to within 1 inch of short ends.
- Top with pepperoni, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Fold short ends of dough 1 inch over filling; pinch to seal.
- Along 14-inch sides, make cuts 1 inch apart, cutting from edge to within 1/2 inch of filling. To give braided appearance, fold strips of dough at an angle over filling, alternating from side to side. Fold ends under to seal.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolk and 1 teaspoon water; brush over braid.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400° for 11 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce.