- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 14 pieces string cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook manicotti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Spread half of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Drain manicotti; stuff each shell with a piece of string cheese.
- Place over meat sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Yield: 6-8 servings.