- 1 (11 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a medium bowl, stir together the creamed corn and drained whole kernel corn.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- Drop spoonfuls of the corn mixture onto the sheet, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Heat one inch of oil to 350°F in a large deep skillet, or fill a deep-fryer with oil as directed by the manufacturer.
- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Dip frozen corn nuggets in the batter, and quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.