- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatillos
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, pitted
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- Place first 7 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Combine bell pepper and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with about 1/3 cup crabmeat mixture.