- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups Slow-Cooker Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce and red pepper, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- Stir in vodka, and reduce heat to low; cook, stirring often, 15 minutes.
- Remove garlic cloves.
- Add cream and Parmesan cheese; stir until well incorporated and cheese is melted.
- Stir in cooked pasta, and top with parsley.
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.