- 1 6.3 ounce package grilled tilapia fillets with roasted garlic and butter (2 fillets)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices very thin 100% whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 3/4 ounces slices reduced-fat Monterey Jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 recipe Apple-Carrot Slaw
- Cook tilapia in the microwave according to package directions.
- Break cooked fish into pieces.
- Lightly coat a panini press or griddle with cooking spray.
- Preheat panini press or griddle over medium heat.
- On two slices of the bread, layer spinach, tomato, fish, and cheese.
- Top with the remaining two bread slices.
- Place sandwiches in panini press. Cook about 3 minutes or until browned. (If using a griddle, place sandwiches on griddle. Weight sandwiches down with a heavy skillet [add food cans for more weight] and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- Turn sandwiches over, weight down, and cook about 2 minutes more or until browned.)
- Serve with Apple-Carrot Slaw.
- 1 small apple, cored and coarsely shredded
- 1 carrot, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup honey-flavor Greek fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a small bowl stir together apple, carrot, Greek yogurt, and poppy seeds.
- Serve with Cheesy Tilapia Panini