- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a large skillet on the stovetop over high heat.
- When the pan is very hot, add the beef and season with salt, pepper, cumin, mustard powder, and paprika.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onions are golden.
- Stir in drained tomatoes until well combined.
- Place bottom half of buns in prepared pan.
- Top with beef & sliced cheese.
- Finish off with the top half of the bun.
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted, smooth and combined. Pour over the buns.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.