- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce*
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar or cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 8 slices sourdough Italian loaf
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Reduced-fat potato chips (optional)
- Dill pickle slices (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine chicken and coleslaw mix.
- Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Divide 1/2 cup of the cheese among four of the bread slices.
- Top with chicken mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add the remaining four bread slices. Lightly coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Preheat a panini grill according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Place sandwiches, half at a time if necessary, in grill.
- Close lid and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted and filling is heated through.
- If desired serve with potato chips and dill pickle slices.