- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels, divided (about 3 ears)
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 12 thin slices cold-smoked salmon (about 6 ounces)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; chill.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl. Combine 1 cup corn kernels, buttermilk, butter, and egg in a blender; process until coarsely pureed. Add pureed corn mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in remaining 1/4 cup corn.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet; spread gently with a spatula. Cook 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Arrange 2 pancakes on each of 6 plates; top each pancake with 1 slice salmon and 1 teaspoon lemon-chive cream. Serve immediately.