- 2 large avocados, ripe but very firm
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
For Campfire Sauce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Cut avocados into halves and gently remove pit. Peel skin and cut each half into ¼-inch wedges.
- On a shallow plate, combine flour and salt.
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy
- On another shallow plate, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Lightly dredge avocado wedges in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in eggs and then dredge in breadcrumb mixture, patting down to fully coat.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange breaded avocados in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Spray avocados all over with cooking spray (Very important! This allows the breading to brown in the oven.).
- Bake in a 425 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve immediately with campfire sauce.
For the Campfire Sauce
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce.
- Whisk until well blended.